Note: The Adaptec SCSI Card 29160 uses the same driver, and the same procedure for installation.
Installation of the Adaptec SCSI Card 39160 for Novell NetWare is complete.
- Create the DOS partition and/or install DOS from the Setup diskette.
- Install "CD-ROM drivers on a DOS bootable diskette or hard disk
drive as described in ReadDOS.HTM on the driver diskette.
- Start the Novell NetWare 3.12 installation
- After Novell NetWare installs the DOS portion of the software, DOWN
and EXIT to DOS from the server prompt.
- Copy the ADPT160m.HAM and ADPT160m.DDI from the Ultra 160 Family
Manager Set NetWare directory to the C:\server.312 directory.
- You may also choose to download the file U160
Driver Disk 4.
- Obtain the NWPA_UP.EXE patch from the Novell Web site at http://developer.novell.com/devres/sas/certinfo.htm
- Change directory to c:\server.312, and copy the patch file NWPA_UP.EXE to the directory.
- Execute NWPA_UP.EXE (note: this will create another file, 312PTD.EXE. Answer 'Y' to the prompt to overwrite CDROM.NLM.)
- Execute 312PTD.EXE.
- Create the directory c:\server.312\CDSAVE
- Copy CDROM.NLM to c:\server.312\CDSAVE
- Update the server with the following commands, from the DOS prompt:
- Start Server.EXE. Type in your server name and IPX address
- From the console prompt, type:
(The driver must be loaded for each channel on the Adaptec SCSI Card 39160. The Adaptec SCSI Card 29160 is a single channel card, so the driver only needs to be loaded once.)
- Note the slot number detected for the Adaptec SCSI Card 39160. This will be added to the Startup.ncf load ADPT160m statement to automate driver load using the parameter SLOT=x (x is the detected slot number).
- Load Install. Create the Novell NetWare partition, SYS volume, and mount the volume. Complete the installation of the System and Public Files.
- Create the Autoexec.NCF file. Add the following lines and save:
(if the CD-ROM is EIDE/ATAPI, add the following lines)
search add 1 c:\server.312\cdsave
- Create the Startup.NCF file. Edit the ADPT160m command lines to add the slot number. Delete the MEM and INT parameters in the command line.
load c:\server.312\ADPT160m Slot=2
- Load, from the console prompt, the following command
- Install the patches from the c:\server.312\312PTD directory when prompted for a path.
- DOWN and EXIT the server
- Run Server.EXE
- Install recommended/required updates from Novell.